Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A chiped toe nail?

Today, half of my toe nail cracked cause it got stuck in the door. I went to the local doctor and he just gave me band-aids to put on. Will my nail grow back and what will happen to the broken part of the nail? How long will it take to heal???A chiped toe nail?
How long it takes to heal depends on how far back the crack is in the nail. Yes, your nail will grow back. I broke my finger at the cuticle line a few years ago. The nail got a bit loose finally, but never really came off. I babied the heck out of it. I could tell a new nail was growing in under the old nail ever so slowly. It took about 10 months for the new nail to completely grow out from the cuticle to my fingertip. The broken part of the nail will eventually come off. You may want to keep it trimmed short to keep from catching it on something. I would advise leaving the old nail in place *for as long as possible*. If it's still fairly well attached and not just dangling from your finger, leave it there. It will protect your tender finger while the new nail is growing in.A chiped toe nail?
Nails grow constantly. Keep it trimmed, clean and wrapped. The cracked part will eventually grow out until it's just normal nail. As for how long it takes, it varies from person to person. For me, something like that would take about two months to be back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment