Saturday, August 21, 2010

How to cut baby's toe nails?

Besides doing it while she's sleeping... any suggestions for a super squirmy baby?How to cut baby's toe nails?
My 9 month old doesn't sit still much either. It helps me when I give my little one her paci and a small toy to play with while I'm doing it. Oh, and I sing to her about what I'm doing...something like....pretty girl is going to have pretty nails...and so and so forth. It helps a little. Sometimes I have to stop and play with her for a minute or two, but then we are off again and I do as many fingers or toes as I can before having to stop again to play for a minute.How to cut baby's toe nails?
Great question. I have this problem too. Even when I hold her hand or foot, my baby wiggles her whole body and it's just too difficult to knock it all out at once. So, first I usually use safety scissors to clip finger nails and toe nails so I don't have to go back and file any sharp corners. Then I usually only get one or two nails at a time. Not the greatest solution but I get what I can when I can. Good luck!
I get my husband to hold her down when she is busy watching tv or coloring, then I get her feet/hands and old them tightly (but not hurting her) and cut them. After she's done, I give her a treat. Since she hates it so much, I usually do it during her nap or at night. My son doesn't mind it, so he just sits there and giggles.
I always cut them when they were awake so they wouldnt be afraid of it. Just hold their little foot with one hand near the toes so they spread a little and use the other hand to clip.





Never had an issue.
Oh, I always did it when my son was sleeping! But I think you could also just have someone hold her and you do it super quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment