Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dis-colored toe nail?

I had my foot/toe crushed playing soccer a month ago. My big toe nail turn black and blue (I guess blood under the toe nail). I thought the toenail would have fallen off but it seems now as normal s con be, but it is still black and blue underneath the toe nail. Is there an old wise tail to get rid of that? I don't even like to wear sandles because it looks rather nasty... but it feels fine.Dis-colored toe nail?
The same thing happened to my toddler gaughter. I don['t know what happened to the nail, she never seemed to complain, but I noticed when clipping her nails. The top nail seemed to be loose, but a new one was growing underneath. I just kept an eye on it and it eventually fell off, leaving the new nail underneath.Dis-colored toe nail?
ouch, well your nail is supposed to fall off when it's been traumatized like that....sometimes it just takes a lil pull and it'll fall off....there should be a new nail growing underneath. I've heard if you squeeze lemmon juice under the nail it's supposed to get rid of the blood...try it....
If the nail hasn't fallen off yet, it's likely you won't lose it. That black color comes from old blood trapped in there. I've tried scraping a tiny portion of the nail a bit with a scalpel to let that old blood drain, but if it's been a month, you might just want to leave it like that. What will happen is a new nail will grow over the old one, and you'll need to slowly start trimming the old one to let the other one grow. And keep an eye on it, bruised nails are a perfect enviroment for fungus to grow.
I used to have one of those. It will eventually fall off. It's just a dead toenail. It takes a while for a new nail to grow. Think of it as... a loose tooth...on your foot. lol. Anyway, it's normal.
It will probably fall off eventually but not until another nail grows in under it. I dropped a board on my big toe last October and the nail came off just a few weeks ago. There was a perfectly good nail under the one that came off.

No comments:

Post a Comment