Saturday, August 21, 2010

Toe nail came loose! Help me please!!!

my toe nail hit against the side of a table and is now starting to lift up a little... it hurts like crazy... it does bleed when the toe nail hits something harder than a hard tap. my question really is should I try to keep bandaging it taught to my toe (it is mostly attached) and hoping for the best or should I bite a bullet and pull it off... any doctors please voice your opinion.Toe nail came loose! Help me please!!!
Do not pull it off your body is taking care of it , Just try to let it not find everything else in the house it can get damaged on (only happens when you injure it ).It will hurt it is healing , the new nail will grow keep it clean so it has less chance of getting infected.As gravity works and the body floods an injury with fluid keep it elevated when possable.Toe nail came loose! Help me please!!!
wow that happened to me, just leave it alone, and eventually it will come off itself, most likely if you pull it off now you would rip your skin underneath and lead to chances of infections. its better to leave that nail on and let the blood under it clot and the nail will come off itself. now if its REALLY just hanging there then just put a band aid on loosely so it have some air and their won't be moisture which could also lead to infection. but yeah i left mine alone n i think a week or so after a shower it was loose enough that i pulled it off without tearing the skin underneath
I had the same problem. my toe nail came off really. Except a curling iron fell on my toe. if it hurts real bad, get someone to drill a small hole in your toe. it will relieve the pressure and it won't hurt as bad. Trust me, when you do that, it will hurt but you will be happy when it stops hurting as bad. Just leave it alone after that, until you see it starts coming up more. Try to get your clippers and pull up the nail bit by bit. Hope that helps
Just use a band-aid or medical tape and wrap it up, if you leave the toenail on, it will heal it's self faster than if you take it off.
it will first turn blue as it heals. and it it comes off, it will re-grow a new one. just keep it clean , don;t get an infection.
i think u should go to A doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment