Saturday, August 21, 2010

Toe Nail fungus? (details inside)?

I noticed it today after I looked down at my feet. Its a white patch on the end of my big toe. My toe nail is cracked and kinda thick. I'm 15 and recently ive been doing alot of walking to lose weight lol. DO you think that the sweat from my shoes and socks couldve caused me to get a nail fungus? I told my dad about it and he said if it gets worse we'll just go to the doctor.





I believe its fungus starting to grow. When i go to the doctor, do you think i should bring it up about my social problem? I have like social anxiety and fear going to places and I think people are judging me because im overweight and always got teased about it. I dont go nowhere or nothing. I stay at home 24-7. Should I bring this up to him too? Cuz i know with school starting in 2 weeks, going to high school... its gonna be rough. Maybe he can give me some medication to help me get over it? I dont wanna go to counseling lol ( if I can help it )Toe Nail fungus? (details inside)?
First the toe nail fungus. See your doctor. If it is the common toe nail fungus the ONLY way to get rid of it is with a daily medication while your doctor watches your liver functions. The total regimen takes about 9 months to complete but it is GONE. The over the counter remedies DO NOT WORK. It must be attacked systemically (from the inside) not topically (from the outside).





Next your PROBLEM. It's far more serious than your nail fungus. You must see a counselor. There is no ';magic pill'; that will cure you. Everyone now a days thinks that you just take a pill and everything is fine. You need therapy and start it now!Toe Nail fungus? (details inside)?
It is not a social problem. Go to a doctor and get it treated.





Nail fungus can be difficult to treat, and repeated infections are common. Over-the-counter antifungal nail creams and ointments are available, but they aren't very effective.





Oral medications


To treat nail fungus, your doctor may prescribe an oral antifungal medication, such as:





* Itraconazole (Sporanox)


* Fluconazole (Diflucan)


* Terbinafine (Lamisil)





These medications help a new nail grow free of infection, slowly replacing the infected portion of your nail. You typically take these medications for six to 12 weeks but won't see the end result of treatment until the nail grows back completely. It may take four months or longer to eliminate an infection. Recurrent infections are possible, especially if you continue to expose your nails to warm, moist conditions.





Antifungal drugs may also cause side effects ranging from skin rashes to liver damage. Doctors may not recommend them for people with liver disease or congestive heart failure or for those taking certain medications.





Other treatment options


Your doctor may also suggest these nail fungus treatments:





* Antifungal lacquer. If you have a mild to moderate infection of nail fungus, your doctor may prefer to prescribe an antifungal nail polish called ciclopirox (Penlac). You paint it onto your infected nails and surrounding skin once a day. After seven days, you wipe the piled-on layers clean with alcohol and begin fresh applications. Daily use of Penlac for about one year has been shown to help clear nail fungal infections, but researchers found that it cured the infections in less than 10 percent of people using it.


* Topical medications. Your doctor may also opt for other topical antifungal medications. In some cases, you may be advised to use these creams with an over-the-counter lotion containing urea to help speed up absorption. Topical medications usually don't provide a cure, but may be used in conjunction with oral medications.





If your nail infection is severe or extremely painful, your doctor may suggest removing your nail. A new nail will usually grow in its place, though it will come in slowly and may take as long as a year to grow back completely.
same happened to me..i play lots of soccer and the sweat and my tight soccer cleat caused it too..


one day i broke the nail, then it fell off and a new one appeared completely healthy..


the doctor also said it could have benn spread from someone


so think twice before sharing shoes or socks
ewww

No comments:

Post a Comment