Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Red skin on ingrown toe nail.?

Ok so on my big toe i have an ingrown toenail on both of the sides. But on the left one theres been like a red piece of meat that bleeds sometimes. I was wondering what that was. And my toe is infected and I soak it in baking soda and hot water but its still the same and I cut the nail out on the sides already. What should i do and what is the red thing?Red skin on ingrown toe nail.?
Okay, I am a Nail Technician so, if you have cut the nail out, you may have left a tiny piece in it.Dont use baking soda.It doesnt help. Use epsom saltmore than the package says.Go to a place like Sally Beauty Supply or Beauty Alliance. Tell them what is wrong and There are creams you can get to help take down puffyness and soreness(if there is any and I am sure there is.) okay one thing I have done is got what is called Nippers to cut the toe nail at an angle and use tweezers to remove the nail then I put Triple antibiotic or neosporin on it and I put gauze over my toe.Change it every 6-9 hours for three days.its going to feel funny.Wear a sock over the gauze to help hold it when you go to bed.Dont wear flip flops, to many germs can get in it.Kepp it moist with the neosporion. After three days if no change or worsens go to the doctor.Any questions feel free to email me rollerblades_punk@yahoo.comRed skin on ingrown toe nail.?
wash and dry well and apply triple antibiotic ointment on it for a few days and it will stop hurting and bleeding and help in the healing process. The red thing is just your skin getting inflamed from the infection. Keep it clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment